Director, Clinical Research Office, Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
Associate Clinical Professor of Surgery, Surgery
|Oncologic Surgery, Breast cancer, melanoma, laser,|
1. Zhou C, Choe R, Shah N, Durduran T, Yu G, Durkin A, Hsiang D, Mehta R, ButlerJ, Cerussi A, Tromberg BJ, Yodh AG.Diffuse optical monitoring of blood flow and oxygenation in human breast cancer during early stages of neoadjuvant chemotherapy. J Biomed Opt. 2007 Sep-Oct;12(5):051903.
2. Hsiang D., Yamamoto M, Mehta R, Su M Y, Choong H. Baick, Lane K, Butler,J Predicting Nodal Status in Patients With Locally Advanced Breast Cancer Undergoing Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy With and Without Sequential Trastuzumab Arch Surg. 2007 Sep;142(9):855-61; discussion 860-1.
3. Yamamoto M, Mehta R, Baick C, Su MY, Lane K, Butler J, Hsiang D The Predictive Value of Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Locally Advanced Breast Patients who Have Undergone Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy with or without Trastuzumab Am Surg. 2007 Oct;73(10):977-80.
4. Datrice, N, Narula N, Butler J, Hsiang D, Baick C, Lane K Does Breast Columnar Cell Hyperplasia with Atypia need to be excised ? Am Surg. 2007 Oct;73(10):984-6.
5. Cerussi A, Hsiang D, Shah N, Mehta R, Durkin A, Butler J, Tromberg BJ. Predicting response to breast cancer neoadjuvant chemotherapy using diffuse optical spectroscopy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007 Mar 6;104(10):4014-9
6. Cerussi A, Shah N, Hsiang D, Durkin A, Butler J, Tromberg BJ. In vivo absorption, scattering, and physiologic properties of 58 malignant breast tumors determined by broadband diffuse optical spectroscopy.J Biomed Opt. 2006 Jul-Aug;11(4):044005.
7. Tromberg BJ, Cerussi A, Shah N, Compton M, Durkin A, Hsiang D, Butler J, Mehta R Imaging in breast cancer: diffuse optics in breast cancer: detecting tumors in pre-menopausal women and monitoring neoadjuvant chemotherapy.Breast Cancer Res. 2005;7(6):279-85
8. Hsiang D, Shah N, Yu H, Su MY, Cerussi A, Butler J, Baick C, Mehta R, Nalcioglu O, Tromberg B Co-registration of Dynamic Contrast Enhance MRI and Broadband Diffuse Optical Spectroscopy for Characterizing Breast Cancer Technology in Cancer Research and Treatment 2005 Oct;4(5):549-58
9. Bui TD, Nguyen T, Huerta S, Gu M, Hsiang D. Pancreatic schwannoma. A case report and review of the literature. JOP. 2004 Nov 10;5(6):520-6.
10. Shah N, Cerussi AE, Jakubowski D, Hsiang D, Butler J, Tromberg BJ. Spatial variations in optical and physiological properties of healthy breast tissue.J Biomed Opt. 2004 May-Jun;9(3):534-40.
11. Shah N, Cerussi AE, Jakubowski D, Hsiang D, Butler J, Tromberg BJ. The role of diffuse optical spectroscopy in the clinical management of breast cancer.Dis Markers. 2003-2004;19(2-3):95-105.
12. Jakubowski DB, Cerussi AE, Bevilacqua F, Shah N, Hsiang D, Butler J, Tromberg BJ. Monitoring neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer using quantitative diffuse optical spectroscopy: a case study.J Biomed Opt. 2004 Jan-Feb;9(1):230-8.
13. Cerussi AE, Jakubowski D, Shah N, Bevilacqua F, Lanning R, Berger AJ, Hsiang D, Butler J, Holcombe RF, Tromberg BJ. Spectroscopy enhances the information content of optical mammography.J Biomed Opt. 2002 Jan;7(1):60-71.
14. Liu MS, Rampal S, Hsiang D, Chen FT. Automated DNA mutation analysis by single-strand conformation polymorphism using capillary electrophoresis with laser-induced fluorescence detection. Mol Biotechnol. 2000 May;15(1):21-7.
15. Hsiang D, Friess H, Buchler MW, Ebert M, Butler J, Korc M “Absence of K-ras mutations in the pancreatic parenchyma of patients with chronic pancreatitis” American Journal of Surgery 1997 Sep;174(3):242-6
2005,2008 Hsiang D Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery in Educational Review Manual in General Surgery Castle Connolly Graduate Medical Publishing 4th Edition 2005
2007 Chung, S. H., Cerussi, A. E., Merritt, S. I., Hsiang, D., Mehta, R. and Tromberg, B. J., "Tissue bound water studies on breast tumor using diffuse optical spectroscopy," presented at BiOS 2007, San Jose, CA, 2007.
2007 Hsiang D., Yamamoto M, Mehta R, Su M Y, Choong H. Baick, Lane K, Butler,J Predicting Nodal Status Using Dynamic Contrast Enhanced MRI and Breast Pathology in Locally Advanced Breast Cancer Patients Undergoing Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy with and without Sequential Trastuzumab Presented at Pacific Coast Surgical Association 78th Annual Meeting Kona HI
2007 Yamamoto M, Mehta R, Baick C, Su MY, Lane K, Butler J, Hsiang D The Predictive Value of Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Locally Advanced Breast Patients who Have Undergone Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy with or without Trastuzumab Presented at the American College of Surgeon, Southern California Chapter, Santa Barbara, CA
2007 Datrice, N, Narula N, Butler J, Hsiang D, Baick C, Lane K Does Breast Columnar Cell Hyperplasia with Atypia need to be excised ? Presented at the American College of Surgeon, Southern California Chapter, Santa Barbara, CA
2007 Ke Nie, Jeon-Hor Chen, Yong Chu, David J-B Hsiang, Orhan Nalcioglu, Min-Ying Su. Development of Breast MRI Computer-Aided Diagnosis System: Automated Segmentation and Selection of Unspecific Morphology and Texture Features. in "Proc., 15th ISMRM Annual Meeting, Berlin, Germany, 2007" Abstract #134.
2007 Min-Ying Su, Jeon-Hor Chen, Hon J. Yu, Garima Agrawal, David JB Hsiang, Rita S. Mehta, Orhan Nalcioglu. MRI Monitoring of Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy Response in Breast Cancer Using an Aggressive Treatment Protocol: Doxorubicin-Cyclophosphamide Followed by Taxane + Carboplatin ± Trastuzumab/ Bevacizumab Regimen. in "Proc., 15th ISMRM Annual Meeting, Berlin, Germany, 2007" Abstract #2943
2007 Garima Agrawal, Jeon-Hor Chen, Hon J. Yu, D.J-B. Hsiang, Rita S. Mehta, Orhan Nalcioglu, Min-Ying Su. Comparative Analysis of Morphological MR Imaging Features in Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (HER-2/neu Receptor) Positive and Negative Invasive Ductal Carcinoma. in "Proc., 15th ISMRM Annual Meeting, Berlin, Germany, 2007" Abstract #2944.
2006 Min-Ying Su, HJ Yu, J-H Chen, RS Mehta, TS Schubbert, D. JB Hsiang, PM Carpenter, and O. Nalcioglu. MRI Monitoring of Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy Response in Breast Cancer of Different Phenotypes to Doxorubicin- Cyclophosphamide followed by Taxane + Carboplatin ± Trastuzumab Regimen. in "Proc., 14th ISMRM Annual Meeting, Seattle, 2006" Abstract # 299.
2006 Min-Ying Su, HJ Yu, N Shah, D. JB Hsiang, RS Mehta, A Cerussi, B Tromberg, and O. Nalcioglu. Co-registration of Dynamic Contrast Enhanced MRI and Broadband Diffuse Optical Spectroscopy for Characterizing Breast Cancer. in "Proc., 14th ISMRM Annual Meeting, Seattle, 2006" Abstract # 2901.
2005 Cerussi, A. E., Shah, N., Hsiang, D., Du, T., Compton, M., Fedyk, A., Butler, J. and Tromberg, B., "Statistical analysis of over 60 malignant tumors measured in vivo by broadband diffuse optical spectroscopy," presented at BiOS 2005, International Society for Optical Engineering, Optical Tomography and Spectroscopy of Tissue VII, San Jose, 2005.
2005 Mehta RS, Schubbert T, Hsiang D, Butler J, Baick C, Su M-Y High pathological complete remission rates with paclitaxel and carboplatin trastuzumab (TC H) following dose dense doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide (AC) supported by GM-CSF in breast cancer-a phase II study. San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium Poster #5056
2005 Shah NS, Cerussi AE, Hsiang D, Yu H, Su M, Nalcioglu O, Tromberg BJ Diffuse optical spectroscopy: a novel laser-based approach for breast cancer diagnosis and screening in young women. San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium Poster #5023
2005 Su MY, Yu H, Mehta RS, Schubbert T, Hsiang D, Carpenter PM, Nalcioglu O Association of MRI morphological phenotype with early and final responses in AC followed by taxane + carboplatin +/- trastuzumab regimen San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium Poster #1056
2005 Cerussi AE, Shah N, Hsiang D, Mehta RS, Tromberg BJ Can diffuse optical spectroscopy predict the final pathological response of neoadjuvant chemotherapy?: a retrospective pilot study San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium Poster #1034
2005 Hsiang D, Cerussi A, Shah N, Du T, Mehta R,Baick C, Tromberg B, Butler J Monitoring the response of chemotherapy on Breast cancer Tumors by Photon Migration Spectroscopy Abstract P64-16 Era of Hope Department of Defense Phila June 2005
2005 Mehta RS, Schubbert T, Hsiang D, Kong K. Phase II study of neoadjuvant biweekly doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide (AC) with GM-CSF followed by weekly paclitaxel, carboplatin +/- trastuzumab (TC +/- H) in the treatment of breast cancer (BC). Abstract #826 ASCO 2005
2005 Shah N, Cerussi A, Tromberg B, Hon Yu, Su M-Y, Hsiang D and Mehta RS Combined Diffuse Optical Spectroscopy and Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Assessment of Breast Tumor Response to Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy. ECBO June 2005 Control no: 422 Postdeadline Oral Session.
2005 Min-Ying Su, Hon J. Yu, Rita S. Mehta, Phillip M. Carpenter, David J.B. Hsiang, John A. Butler, Choong H. Baick, Orhan Nalcioglu MRI Monitoring of Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy in Breast Cancer: Association of MRI Morphological Patterns with Early and Final Responses in AC followed by Taxane ± Carboplatin ± Trastuzumab Regimen. 13th ISMRM Annual Meeting, Miami
2004 Mehta RS, Schubbert T, Hsiang D, Su M-Y, Carpenter P, Kong K, Holcombe R, Butler J, Baick C, Nalcioglu O. High Pathological Complete Remission Rate Following Neoadjuvant Taxane, Carboplatin And Trastuzumab Therapy After Doxorubicin And Cyclophosphamide In Her-2 Positive Breast Cancer Patients. San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, P#1110.
2002 Jakubowski D.B.,Cerussi A.E.,Bevilacqua F.,Shah N.,Tromberg B.J.,Hsiang D.,Butler J., and Holcombe R.F., Monitoring breast tumor response to chemotherapy with broadband near-infrared tissue spectroscopy, Spring Topical Meeting, Optical Society of America, Biomedical Optical Spectroscopy and Diagnostics, Miami, FL, Presentation TuB5
2001 Hsiang D.,Cerrussi A.,Jakubowski D.,Baick C.,Tromberg B., and Butler J. Monitoring the response of breast cancer tumors to chemotherapy with Diffuse Optical Spectroscopy American College of Surgeon, Southern California Chapter, Santa Barbara, CA Presentation
|Prediciting Nodal Status in Patients with Locally Advanced Breast Cancer undergoing neoadjuvanct chemotherapy with without sequential Trastuzumab|
|Grant||A network for Translational Research in optical imaging. Multi Dimensional Diffuse Optical Imaging in Breast Cancer.|
Appointed Cancer Liaison Physicain by the Commission on CA
Appointed Medicaid Commissioner for South Monterey County
|Link to this profile||http://www.faculty.uci.edu/profile.cfm?faculty_id=4788|